- Does your dog suffer from a fear of thunderstorms?
- Does her anxiety level increase when storm clouds roll in?
- Does he run for cover under your bed?
Thunderstorm phobia is a very common condition among dogs all over the world. The terror that results can be an incredibly distressing, debilitating problem not only for dogs, but also for their owners who feel powerless to help.
This groundbreaking desensitization tool will teach your dog to associate positive feelings with thunderstorms rather than feeling fearful, and will help to gradually reduce your dog’s fear when exposed to these sounds.
When used properly and implemented in conjunction with the behavioral modification protocols included with your Micro sound card, there is an excellent chance of rehabilitating your thunder-phobic dog and preventing thunder-phobia from ever developing in younger dogs.
Training protocols for Thunderstorms have been created by Victoria Stilwell, star of Animal Planet’s It’s Me or the Dog, and author of Train Your Dog Positively.
The Thunderstorms micro sound card includes a verbal introduction by Victoria and sounds of thunderstorms (mild, moderate, and heavy) set against the backdrop of the Through a Dog’s Ear clinically-tested calming music. (See contents below.)
An adjoining booklet contains Victoria’s positive reinforcement training protocol. The goal is to re-frame your dog’s perception of the sounds of thunder and associate these sounds with a calm feeling.
About Canine Noise Phobia Series
The Canine Noise Phobia series (CNP) is an innovative desensitization training tool that combines three distinctive elements for the treatment and prevention of sound-sensitivities and noise-phobias:
- Progressive sound effects (distant/close)
- Specially-designed psychoacoustic music (Through a Dog’s Ear)
- Reward-based reinforcement protocols (Victoria Stilwell, Positively.com)
CNP can be used in two distinctive ways:
- Habituation: To help prevent your puppy or dog from developing fears or phobias to fireworks, thunderstorms, and city sounds.
- Desensitization: To help your dog overcome an already-established fear or phobia of fireworks, thunderstorms, and city sounds.