Essential Sound Series ~ Music for Healing & Wellness
The Essential Sound Series builds on the groundbreaking research of Dr. Alfred Tomatis (1920-2001). Known as the “Einstein of the ear,” Tomatis theorized that sound serves as a nutrient for the nervous system. his therapeutic sound discoveries have come to greatly influence the science of modern psychoacoustics, which studies the effect of music and sound on human function.
Essential Sound is psychoacoustically designed to support compromised immune or nervous system function. From very slow and soothing to playful and uptempo, the full 8-hour program of newly-recorded classical music provides a sound regimen of graduated tempos and progressive compositional complexities. each level has been created for specific relaxation and arousal responses.
Human auditive cognition is complex. When exposed to music, our brains methodically analyze every interval, rhythmic nuance, instrumental density, and melodic turn.
When we’re young and healthy, we have abundant cerebral processing power to attend to many streams of sensory stimuli–be it sound, sight, touch, or smell. however, as we age, sensory tolerances decrease. When life energy is at a lower ebb or when neurodevelopmental issues are present, music and sound can be a valuable source of arousal responses. however, the intricacies of conventional music often are too much for a depleted system to take in; music and sound may become mentally distracting, annoying, even painful. This may lead to the individual retreating from auditory stimulation, therefore being deprived of sound’s beneficial vibrational effect.
The over-arching psychoacoustic theory for Essential Sound is summed up in two words– simple sound. this term refers to the process of minimizing intricate auditory information found in most music. the music of Essential sound is intentionally selected, arranged, and recorded to provide easeful auditory assimilation. three primary considerations accomplish this effect:
1. Orchestral density
2. Resonance and entrainment
3. Pattern identification
Each note in these minimalist “sound paintings” has been carefully and purposefully considered for optimum physiological and psychological effect. essential sound’s simple sound is key to the music’s elegance and benefit. Further information on the psychoacoustic principles and techniques used in these recordings can be found online at www.JoshuaLeeds.com.
How to Use Essential Sound
Essential Sound has been designed to deliver full benefit through an ordinary playback system. Adjust volume based on the level of excitation desired. headphones are not required. however, Essential Sound-SOUND ASLEEP contains binaural frequencies. in this instance, headphones deliver optimal effect. With compromised immune or nervous systems, sometimes less is more. Think of these compositions as a box of fine chocolates. one or two pieces may be just enough. experiment and see what works, remembering that we are different every day and therefore the impact of music will be different as well.
ENERGY sonic caffeine, music for doing…
All compositions are between 90-140 beats per minute.
Helpful Download tips:
- Complete the Checkout process.
- You will receive an email with the links to download your album .mp3 files.
- For each track/link, the files will automatically download onto your computer. Please note: Our devices are configured differently for download destinations. Our iCalm files may automatically go to your Download file/folder, iTunes, Documents, etc. If you are not sure, ask a friendly physically distant friend to aid you. Because of reduced office hours, we cannot advise you on where to find or how to use these files. This will not be difficult as computers are set up to download; it’s a common function.
• The links are available for up to 2 downloads each (in case you become confused on the first download try).
• These links expire 7 days after you’ve received the email.
• Once you have downloaded the files, they are yours to keep on your devices. ENJOY!