The breakthrough research behind Through a Dog’s Ear shows that the mammalian nervous system is extremely sensitive to sound — and that special arrangements of classical music have a profound soothing impact on anxious beings, far beyond normal musical compositions. We created this music for human health, as well as your discerning ear.
The over-arching psychoacoustic theory for Essential Sound is summed up in two words– simple sound. This term refers to the process of minimizing intricate auditory information found in most music. The music of Essential Sound is intentionally selected, arranged, and recorded to provide easeful auditory assimilation. Three primary considerations accomplish this effect:
1. Orchestral density
2. Resonance and entrainment
3. Pattern identification
When we’re young and healthy, we have abundant cerebral processing power to attend to many streams of sensory stimuli–be it sound, sight, touch, or smell. However, as we age, sensory tolerances decrease. When life energy is at a lower ebb, or when neurodevelopmental issues are present, music and sound can be a valuable source of arousal responses. Sometimes though, the intricacies of conventional music are too much for a depleted system to take in; music and sound may become mentally distracting, annoying, and even painful. This may lead to the involuntary retreating from auditory stimulation, therefore being deprived of sound’s beneficial vibrational effect.
Essential Sound is psychoacoustically designed to support stressed or overtaxed immune or nervous system function. From very slow and soothing, to playful and uptempo, the full 8-hour program of ES provides a sound regimen of graduated tempos and progressive compositional complexities. Each level has been created for specific relaxation and arousal responses. Each note in Essential Sound’s minimalist “sound paintings” has been carefully and purposefully considered for optimum physiological and psychological effect. The simple sound of Essential Sound is key to the music’s elegance and benefit. Further information on the psychoacoustic principles and techniques used in these recordings can be found online at www.JoshuaLeeds.com.
Please note: A few of the tracks from Essential Sound – Uplifting are also found on iCalmPet recordings.
What people say about the music
- “I am a high school teacher at a high-preforming high school in my area. My students are often so stressed out and scattered at the end of the year, and I feel so helpless to help them. This year I decided to try playing [your music] during our assignment work periods. We do this every Monday for the last 20-30 minutes of class. The response has been so positive from my students I am thinking of doing it two days a week next year.” – Michelle Gustam, Bay, AK.
- “Honestly, I had come to a point in my life where my insomnia and anxiety were at an all time high, I was on anxiety meds, sleep meds, everything to try & get my anxiety and insomnia under control. My firm in the city demands so much of my time (like all of my life) and I was having trouble coping with the load. My mom recommended this album she’d found, and willing to try anything, I’ve been playing it in the office. Nothing, I mean nothing, has been so effective for getting me out of my head and anxieties, and back into a productive zone.” – Lloyd Daley, New Orleans, LA.
- “The mind is so powerful and can truly enhance one’s quality of life and well-being in ways you could never imagine possible. This music helps you obtain a better mindset and maintain the ways in which your brain works and thinks. It’s had such big impacts on my overall work, happiness and life.” – Dennis Simone, Derby, CT.
- “I absolutely love love love this music!!!!♥️ Right away it’s as if you were brought into some beautiful relaxing world where something seems to be saying “It will be ok no matter what. This will pass.” It lets me get out of feeling so overwhelmed, into my body, and then into my work. This is a total recommendation for anyone.” – Missy Brown, Dover, DE.
Enjoy a Sample
|Marcello / Solo Ensembles|
|Haydn / Solo Piano|
Sound Asleep – Multiple Listening Formats
|Dust off that CD Player and load it with your favorite music! Each CD is an hour long.|
|Easily download iCalmPet programs directly onto your digital device(s). We love downloads because they are environmentally sound, inexpensive, immediate gratification, germ-free, deliverable around the world, no shipping costs, no clutter, and, you own it – FOREVER!|
RISK-FREE SHOPPING! 60-Day MONEY BACK GUARANTEE.
iCalmPet.com takes great pride in the music we distribute.
If a recording does not meet your expectation we will gladly refund your money or replace it for you. See Customer Service for further details.