The breakthrough research behind Through a Dog’s Ear shows that the mammalian nervous system is extremely sensitive to sound — and that special arrangements of classical music have a profound soothing impact on anxious beings, far beyond normal musical compositions. We created this music for human health, as well as your discerning ear.
The over-arching psychoacoustic theory for Essential Sound is summed up in two words– simple sound. This term refers to the process of minimizing intricate auditory information found in most music. The music of Essential Sound is intentionally selected, arranged, and recorded to provide easeful auditory assimilation. Three primary considerations accomplish this effect:
1. Orchestral density
2. Resonance and entrainment
3. Pattern identification
When we’re young and healthy, we have abundant cerebral processing power to attend to many streams of sensory stimuli–be it sound, sight, touch, or smell. However, as we age, sensory tolerances decrease. When life energy is at a lower ebb, or when neurodevelopmental issues are present, music and sound can be a valuable source of arousal responses. Sometimes though, the intricacies of conventional music are too much for a depleted system to take in; music and sound may become mentally distracting, annoying, and even painful. This may lead to the involuntary retreating from auditory stimulation, therefore being deprived of sound’s beneficial vibrational effect.
Essential Sound is psychoacoustically designed to support stressed or overtaxed immune or nervous system function. From very slow and soothing, to playful and uptempo, the full 8-hour program of ESS provides a sound regimen of graduated tempos and progressive compositional complexities. Each level has been created for specific relaxation and arousal responses. Each note in Essential Sound’s minimalist “sound paintings” has been carefully and purposefully considered for optimum physiological and psychological effect. The simple sound of Essential Sound is key to the music’s elegance and benefit. Further information on the psychoacoustic principles and techniques used in these recordings can be found online at www.JoshuaLeeds.com.
Please note: Because of the deep calm production techniques used on Essential Sound – Calm (50-70 bpm), many of these tracks are also found on iCalmPet recordings.
What people say about the music
- “Beautiful. I found this company in 2007 when my Lab, Ramona, developed firework anxiety, and the music really worked so I bought this for myself and its just as lovely as the dog music. I often fall asleep on the couch listening to it. I’m probably too stressed, but it definitely works to relax me.” – Lawrence Green, St. Louis, MI.
- “So great! I have all the Through a Dog’s Ear music downloaded and I wanted new stuff for all of us, so I tried this album. It works just as well as the dog music. My dogs curl up at my feet and seem to know its time to chill. I don’t think its MORE relaxing, but it works equally well and its really nice to have more beautiful calming music to listen to together.” – Rion Manchez, Santa Fe, NM.
- “Totally works when I need to cool off coming home from work.” – Brittany Felly, Maple City, MI.
- “I got this download for free during a promotion, but its quickly become my favorite. Beautiful classic music – just for me this time!” – Rhia Percysk, Roy, WA.
Enjoy a Sample
|Vivaldi / Solo Piano|
|Rachmaninoff / Ensembles|
Sound Asleep – Multiple Listening Formats
|Dust off that CD Player and load it with your favorite music! Each CD is an hour long.|
|Easily download iCalmPet programs directly onto your digital device(s). We love downloads because they are environmentally sound, inexpensive, immediate gratification, germ-free, deliverable around the world, no shipping costs, no clutter, and, you own it – FOREVER!|
RISK-FREE SHOPPING! 60-Day MONEY BACK GUARANTEE.
iCalmPet.com takes great pride in the music we distribute.
If a recording does not meet your expectation we will gladly refund your money or replace it for you.
See Customer Service for further details.