The breakthrough research behind Through a Dog’s Ear shows that the mammalian nervous system is extremely sensitive to sound — and that special arrangements of classical music have a profound soothing impact on anxious beings, far beyond that of unspecialized musical compositions. We created this music for human health, as well as your discerning ear.
The over-arching psychoacoustic theory for Essential Sound is summed up in two words– simple sound. This term refers to the process of minimizing intricate auditory information found in most music. The music of Essential Sound is intentionally selected, arranged, and recorded to provide easeful auditory assimilation. Three primary considerations accomplish this effect:
1. Orchestral density
2. Resonance and entrainment
3. Pattern identification
When we’re young and healthy, we have abundant cerebral processing power to attend to many streams of sensory stimuli–be it sound, sight, touch, or smell. However, as we age, sensory tolerances decrease. When life energy is at a lower ebb, or when neurodevelopmental issues are present, music and sound can be a valuable source of arousal responses. Sometimes though, the intricacies of conventional music are too much for a depleted system to take in; music and sound may become mentally distracting, annoying, and even painful. This may lead to the involuntary retreating from auditory stimulation, therefore being deprived of sound’s beneficial vibrational effect.
Essential Sound is psychoacoustically designed to support stressed or overtaxed immune or nervous system function. From very slow and soothing, to playful and uptempo, the full 8-hour program of ES provides a sound regimen of graduated tempos and progressive compositional complexities. Each level has been created for specific relaxation and arousal responses. Each note in Essential Sound’s minimalist “sound paintings” has been carefully and purposefully considered for optimum physiological and psychological effect. The simple sound of Essential Sound is key to the music’s elegance and benefit. Further information on the psychoacoustic principles and techniques used in these recordings can be found online at www.JoshuaLeeds.com.
What people say about the music
- “I’m sleeping soundly again! I love this music! I was struggling with anxiety and restless nights as I am working full time and going to school full time and couldn’t seem to quiet my mind at bed time. The soothing flute sounds and ocean noise have all helped tremendously. I’m getting the best sleep since I can remember.” – Franki Connors, Richmond, VA.
- “I’ve always had trouble sleeping, but it was getting to the point where I had /maybe/ two hours of sleep a night. It wasn’t even good sleep; it was the kind where your body is asleep, but your mind is awake, so it leaves you feeling like you never slept in the first place. I found this album, and the next thing I knew, I was waking up, perfectly rested and actually tired from being asleep! This is the first time I haven’t had a nightmare in a month! This music hit me with a melatonin nightstick. But in all seriousness, thank you so much. It’s been fantastic so far, and I’ll continue to use it.” – Will Lubarsky, Sacramento, CA.
- “I never, ever write reviews. But I am SO grateful for this music. I had awful insomnia for the longest time. I’ve been using the music for a month and I recommend to anyone who will listen. It just takes 10-30 mins and I’m out for the whole night. It’s been such a blessing.” – Christina Robertson, Quincy, IL.
- “I can’t sleep without this music. I’ve always been the kind of person who struggles falling asleep. I didn’t think anything beyond pills or CBD would help me, but boy was I wrong. Thank you, thank you, thank you.” – Carlo Dey, Vancouver, WA.
Enjoy a Sample
|Debussy / Day Rest|
|Tchaikovsky / Night Sleep|
Sound Asleep – Multiple Listening Formats
|Dust off that CD Player and load it with your favorite music! Each CD is an hour long.|
|Easily download iCalmPet programs directly onto your digital device(s). We love downloads because they are environmentally sound, inexpensive, immediate gratification, germ-free, deliverable around the world, no shipping costs, no clutter, and, you own it – FOREVER!|
RISK-FREE SHOPPING! 60-Day MONEY BACK GUARANTEE.
iCalmPet.com takes great pride in the music we distribute.
If a recording does not meet your expectation we will gladly refund your money or replace it for you.
See Customer Service for further details.