Why Variety For Dogs?
According to University of Glasgow/Scottish SPCA research, when musical styles are rotated “…the effect of habituation may be reduced by increasing the variety of auditory enrichment provided.” The 2017 clinical research by University of Glasgow and Scottish SPCA shows reggae–along with soft rock and classical–to be the most effective musical styles for calming dogs in shelters. This research found that by mixing varied musical styles, habituation is minimized and canines actually stay calmer longer. It makes sense, no one, not even our dogs, wants to listen to the same thing over and over.
The concept of rotating musical styles to prolong calm is at the heart of A Calm Variety. All individual tracks–solo piano, classical trios, or specially designed reggae music–have been selected and/or rearranged to gradually reduce heart rate. This is accomplished naturally by progressively slowing rhythms and simplifying auditory data. People will also find A Calm Variety to be very relaxing, as the ear and brain are similar across all mammalian species, and calm is a language understood by all. Not only does the change of style bring a lightness and fun into the canine household, but you’ll be marveling at how your dogs mellow out, so you too, can find your calm.
What dog parents say about A Calm Variety:
- “The music has helped my pretty calm dog not be as reactive to outside noises after being attacked by 3 neighbor dogs. She is more relaxed when she hears outside noises. It was very transitive for her and for me since it was so unexpected. I think your music is wonderful and I am grateful I happened to find it.” –Jeanny Lane, Park City, UT.
- “Yeah for music from iCalmPet! Your music, plus noise reducing curtains and a white noise machine made New Year’s Eve fireworks almost tolerable for my little guy! Thank you, thank you, thank you! Best to you all! P.S. I’ve been singing your praises! Hope all my friends place orders!” –Jacquie Emerson, Peoria, AZ.
- “So glad I got this for my dogs!! Great Bluetooth speaker and the music helps calm and relax my guys even during storms and fireworks!” –Leah North, Irving, TX.
- “My dog is a rescue with quite a few issues so with him we have to do a combination of things to calm him down. When we played your music for the first time, he started wagging his tail, sighed and laid on his bed. But what really amazed me was the reaction of my parrots. One of them has a noise phobia and will shake his head when he hears music. He sat on top of his cage just looking in the direction from where the music was coming from. The other parrot, who although is quite small, can be very loud. He, too, was listening to the music and was very quiet.” –Aline Murphy, Metairie, LA.
Use A Calm Variety for:
About iCalm Speakers
Quality sound, long batteries, easily expandable, and multiple functional. We love ’em!
All units are shipped in brand new working order, quality-control tested at our Oregon facility. If you are concerned about germs, don’t be. Our speakers are made in China and have been in the US since November 2019.
The iCalmDog 5.0 A Calm Variety-Reggae/Classical Blend includes:
- A Calm Variety (CV) micro SD sound card (3-hours of reggae, solo piano, and classical trios)
- Creative™ Metallix portable speaker – take your music anywhere!
- Power cable (USB wall adapter not included)
- Behavior Solutions Booklet
- Speaker Instruction Booklet
Why iCalmDog Reggae? Fun is healing!
We’re lovin’ this cool addition to our Through a Dog’s Ear classical archives. Not only is this music fun, fun, fun… but it provides an additional way to keep our canine household’s calm. Here’s how and why.
Disclaimer: Creative Metallix™ is a registered trademark of Creative Technology Limited in the USA and/or other countries. The inclusion of Creative Lab’s products or trademarks within iCalmPet packages does not imply sponsorship, affiliation, or endorsement by Creative Technology Limited.