The breakthrough research behind Through a Dog’s Ear shows that the mammalian nervous system is extremely sensitive to sound — and that special arrangements of classical music have a profound soothing impact on anxious beings. We created this music for human health, as well as your discerning ear.
We all know how important is to find ways to relax. Reducing stress enhances immune function, productivity, and contributes to a more harmonious lifestyle. But it’s not always so easy with the demands of life pressing in. DeStress presents an easy, auditory solution that takes the “work” out of your hands. These soundtracks were produced with psychoacoustic principles that influence the brain naturally. Normal amplification provides relaxation, stress release and mental/physical revitalization. For the greatest effect, simply give yourself a gift of an hour’s listening and kick back while you let the music take it from here.
DeStress is produced by iCalmPet co-founder Joshua Leeds. An expert in psychoacoustics – the study of the effect of music and sound on the human nervous system – he’s been crafting application-specific soundtracks since 1986, used in homes, clinics, classrooms, and animal care facilities around the world. This recording features a chamber ensemble, consisting of woodwinds (flute, clarinet, oboe), string sections (violin, viola, cello, and bass), piano, and harp.
What people say about the music
- “Beautiful. I found this company in 2007 when my Lab, Ramona, developed firework anxiety, and the music really worked so I bought this for myself and its just as lovely as the dog music. I often fall asleep on the couch listening to it. I’m probably too stressed, but it definitely works to relax me.” – Lawrence Green, St. Louis, MI.
- “So great! I have all the Through a Dog’s Ear music downloaded and I wanted new stuff for all of us, so I tried this album. It works just as well as the dog music. My dogs curl up at my feet and seem to know its time to chill. I don’t think its MORE relaxing, but it works equally well and its really nice to have more beautiful calming music to listen to together.” – Rion Manchez, Santa Fe, NM.
- “Totally works when I need to cool off coming home from work.” – Brittany Felly, Maple City, MI.
- “I got this download for free during a promotion, but its quickly become my favorite. Beautiful classic music – just for me this time!” – Rhia Percysk, Roy, WA.
How iCalm music programs work
Music provides simple calming sounds and can improve health and behavior. The over-arching psychoacoustic theory informing iCalmPet music is summed up in just two words — simple sound. This term refers to the process of minimizing intricate auditory information. iCalmPet music is intentionally selected, arranged, and recorded to provide easeful auditory assimilation. Clinical research on dogs, cats, and people have found that while we hear different frequency spectrums, the mammalian auditory system, that we share, functions basically the same. iCalmPet music is individually designed for each species, based on clinical research and supplemented by anecdotal feedback received since 2003. Music for the enhancement of mammalian function is both a growing science and art.
Enjoy a Sample
|Beethoven / Piano Concerto #5 in E Flat|
|Mascagni / Cavalleria Rusticana – Intermezzo|
DeStress – Multiple Listening Formats
|Easily download iCalmPet programs directly onto your digital device(s). We love downloads because they are environmentally sound, inexpensive, immediate gratification, germ-free, deliverable around the world, no shipping costs, no clutter, and, you own it – FOREVER!|
|iCalm Micro SDs are easily interchangeable memory cards used in devices with a Micro SD port (or regular SD port with adaptor). In addition to iCalm Speakers, other compatible devices include SD-enabled MP3 players, portable speakers, computers, etc.
iCalm Micro SDs are high quality SanDisk 4 GB media.
All selections, other than tracks 6 and 12, are under license from Advanced Brain Technologies. © Advanced Brain Technologies. All rights reserved.
* Tracks 6 and 12 were recorded by the Apollo Chamber Ensemble, featuring Lisa Spector, piano, and Sarah Fiene, cello. Produced by Joshua Leeds. © BioAcoustic Research, Inc. All rights reserved.
RISK-FREE SHOPPING! 60-Day MONEY BACK GUARANTEE.
iCalmPet.com takes great pride in the music we distribute.
If a recording does not meet your expectation we will gladly refund your money or replace it for you. See Customer Service for further details.